Do you have a passion for Kansas City and motherhood and sharing that love through writing? The Kansas City Moms Blog (KCMB) team is growing and we are seeking excited, local writers!
What you GIVE:
- Your passion for moms, kids, and the Kansas City area
- Reliability, team spirit, and your own unique, fun perspective
- One or two original posts per month
- Your presence, when possible, at KCMB events (4-5/year)
- Availability for in-person contributor meetings held 2-3 times per year
What you GET:
- New connections, new friendships
- Free or discounted admission to KCMB events
- Your photo and bio on the KCMB team page (with links to your business, personal blog, and/or social media handles if you choose to share them)
- Access to our private contributor Facebook group
- Access to information and professional development in the areas of writing, blogging, SEO, social media, and event management
- Opportunity to test products, attend local events or share reviews when available to KCMB
With three years’ experience writing for Kansas City moms, we give our team the freedom to draw upon their own passions and experience in producing great content for our readers. To give you an idea of what has engaged our readers in the past, check out some of our top posts of 2015:
- Eight Things I Don’t Do Since Becoming a Mom (and 1 Thing I Do)
I don’t even try to drink a hot cup of coffee anymore. I might even prefer iced coffee nowadays since I already expect it be cold. That way, I’m not disappointed when I go take my first drink 37 minutes after I originally brewed my cup and it’s room temperature.
- Nobody Told Me About Mesh Panties
- The Four Letter Word Every Mom Should Use
- Mama Doesn’t Drink Anymore
- Why We Didn’t Redshirt Our Kindergartner
Want to join the fun? Fill out the Contributor Application Form no later than Friday, June 17. Our new team will be in place before July 1!